Thinking of buying a home in Indianapolis or Marion County?
Indianapolis NeighborhoodLIFT Launch Event
DATE: September 26-27, 2014 (Friday and Saturday)
TIME: 10am – 7pm
LOCATION: Indiana Convention Center (Hall A), 100 S Capitol Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46225
Admission is FREE.
Free parking is available in Lot A of the Indiana Convention Center, located at Missouri & South Streets behind the loading docks of the Convention Center. Upon entering the lot you will need to tell the attendant you are with the LIFT Wells Fargo event and provide the password: STAGECOACH. Parking at any other location cannot be reimbursed.
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties
- Provides homebuyer education that can prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of home ownership
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Annual income of all persons 18 and older living in the home must be at or below 120% of the Indianapolis Area Median Income (AMI) guidelines. FHA financing, a popular option for NeighborhoodLIFT customers, is limited to 115% of AMI. Other loan programs may have more restrictive income requirements.
- Properties qualified for the program must be:
1. Located within Marion County.
2. The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
3. A detached home, townhouse, condominium, 1-4 unit property, Planned Unit Development
At the Launch event you will be able to:
- Meet with a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Consultant to qualify for a first mortgage if you choose.
- Bring a pre-approval letter from any lender, although to receive NeighborhoodLIFT funds the lender must be on the approved lender list.(view list)
- Find out if you are eligible for $15,000 of down payment assistance on qualified properties.
- Sign up for education programs that can prepare you for finding and financing a home and managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership.
- Take a virtual tour of homes for sale located in Marion County.
The neighborhood LIFT program is giving up to $15,000 to eligible home buyers to put towards their down payment on an Indianapolis or Marion County home. This program from Wells Fargo is meant to increase eligible home buyers and to help strengthen neighborhoods in the Indianapolis and Marion County areas. Wells Fargo has committed $5.5 million towards this program to help interested home buyers become home owners. $4.5 million of that grant will be used to put towards down payments on homes. Saving enough money to put down on a home is often a barrier for many people that are interested in buying a home. In a recent article announcing this program, Mayor Greg Ballard stated “This great partnership will make responsible home ownership possible for more families.”
Down payment assistance grants of $15,000 will be available for eligible home buyers with annual incomes. Read more about the NeighborhoodLift program.
For more information on this program, please contact The Evelo Team at 317-863-4663.